Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tag

I have been tagged by Jlee! I plan to tag Drew, Emily and Chella and Sarah...

Here 'tis...

1) Post a note about a blogger you would like to see something wonderful happen for. Maybe one whose posts have touched your heart in one way or another. Include details as to why you admire them and what you wish for them. Be as supporting and affirming as you can.

*I would like Chella and Sarah to have the most fabulous wedding ever! And for their zines to go bigtime! Why I admire them - hmm...creativity, selflessness (they're teachers) and I appreciate their friendship.

2) Post your favorite memory around selflessness, giving, or doing for others. Something that has actually changed you.

This may sound strange, but when I was in a dorm during my freshman year in college, a friend and I were running out the door to do errands and it had just started pouring. We didn't have umbrellas or raincoats, and while we were standing there, wondering what to do (this was in NYC and we didn't have cars, so we had to walk everywhere), a couple of people who lived in the dorm returned and presented us with their umbrellas. To keep.

That was such a sweet and random act of kindness - and so I have returned the favor with umbrellas for other people on several occasions.

3) As a postscript, name one thing you will actually do for someone in your life before December 31 that is born out of joy.

I am going to plan a surprise b.day dinner or dessert for my partner/husband. I have already nagged everyone about sending cards so he feels special...having a b.day two weeks after Christmas, he sometimes gets ignored.

2 comments:

JLee said...

Thanks for doing this!
My husband's b-day is Jan 3rd, so I know what you mean about that...

Darth Weasel said...

Just a heads up...Deb, Gabe & Paralee are in Bordonal until the 6th..