Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Night!


I went to do my volunteer ESL teaching tonight and I was - well, showered is the best word - with Valentine stuff.

One student, a widow who works a hard job in nursery, brought me balloons and chocolate. Another brought me a candy box with a ring inside (crystal, I think.)

And an unknown admirer left a very well-thought out bunch of things - a balloon in Spanish, a plant with tiny pink buds, a chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks (yum!) and a card signed "SA."

SA? Another tutor said, "Secret Admirer!"

I've never had one before, and it's funny because I've always wanted one on Valentine's Day.

I literally had no visibility behind me driving home because of the soft red glow of the balloons. I had to have help carrying everything upstairs.

It was so sweet, the only word I can think of is "touched."

Muchas gracias por todo :)

5 comments:

Darth Weasel said...

it is a good thing you are doing and the rewards few, but just one thing like this counts heavily in that department. keep up the good work!

Jessica said...

It sounds like you truly are appreciated for the work you are doing. I often find that the immigrants in our program, who have so little, give so much of themselves. I think that is something we as Americans could learn from other cultures.

JLee said...

That is so sweet! I love to get unexpected things. One of my coworkers gave me a sweet friendship valentine's card and I almost cried!

vivavavoom said...

you deserve it!!

Green tea said...

I got two Snickers candy bars. :D