Saturday, October 04, 2008

And to make you laugh

Scarlet asked in a post for everyone's most embarrassing karaoke moment (isn't that redundant?) I have never done karaoke. Short of that, she asked for our most embarrassing moment in general.

Ah, so many to choose from, so little time to type.

I had been looking for a good blog idea for awhile...so please join me in the comments section with an embarrassing moment of your own.

One of the (many) embarrassing moments in my life - when I was a reporter covering energy policy, we had an editorial board meeting with some high-ups from the Northwest regional Dept. of Energy people. One of the guys who was their PR guy I hadn't seen in awhile, and he had done his hair differently.

So I blurt out in front of editors and all of the federal muckety-mucks, "Hey, Ed! I like your new hair!" I forgot to add "style" to the end of "hair."

Everyone stared. The room went silent.

He said, simply, "Same hair."

And then, thank god, someone started our meeting.

4 comments:

JLee said...

That may be more embarrassing than karaoke ;)

Scarlet said...

I love this story and I think the guy with the hair was probably more embarrassed by that comment than you. :)

Darth Weasel said...

The fact people purchase karaoke machines is embarassing enough...

I think most of us have the "so many to choose from" thing. Like...

Mom & Dad had been talking about the younger brother of a lady coming over. I was about 7 or 8. Well, when our friends arrived, the conversation had been going a while and I wanted to participate.

So when the brother's name was mentioned, I decided to contribute by referencing something I had heard Mom & Dad say when they did not realize I was listening.

"Oh, is he the one with the sticky fingers?"*



* "Sticky fingers" is a euphimism for theft

Green tea said...

I have had so many..

How about making 2 dates in one night and trying to find a graceful way to get out of one of them.