Thursday, March 18, 2010

She knew I couldn't resist

Those of you who have read even one post here will know I don't shy away from telling you what I think...so JLee tagged me to do a "5 Dislikes/5 Likes" meme, how could I resist?

I can't keep up with who has been tagged by whom, so if you're reading this and would like to participate, consider yourself tagged. And loved.*
5 Dislikes


1. People being really materialistic.
It's just shit, folks. Stuff. Things. Molecules. You can't take it into the next life, if you believe in that, although you could stuff a limited amount of it in your casket, I guess. You know that Bible verse about being careful about what you treasure, because where your treasure lies, so does your heart? I think that's very true.

2. People who smoke in public places where I am forced to inhale it. What gives? I saw a guy doing this tonight in front of his small children. You want to die a slow, painful death, that's your business. You want us all to die? Now I have a problem with you.

3. Bullies.
I'm sure you all have a) small dicks, or b) aren't getting enough sex, or c) both.

4. Drivers who wait until the last minute
to realize, "Oh fuck! I should be taking that exit!" and then pull across all four lanes of freeway without looking to save themselves perhaps two minutes, and nearly kill several of us who have to a) slam on the breaks or b) swerve out of the way.

5. People who buy tabloids. Because if they didn't, I wouldn't have to keep seeing pictures of John Edwards' mistress while waiting in line at the grocery store. Really. There should just be one big phone book of a magazine called "Who's Fucking Who, Who We Think Might be Fucking Who (Or is that "whom?), And Who Has Finished Fucking Whom."

5 Likes


1. Mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. Although they always seem to hop into my cart, I just found out that I get to eat 27 of them for "one" serving. Yippee!

2. My family.
This includes Mr. RK, Lucky, Earl Grey, close friends, and the California crew. Love you guys.

3. Good books. I am always reading something.

4. Thai food.
I swear, I could live on some combination of rice noodles, tofu, lettuce, bean sprouts and cilantro and be a very happy girl.

5. Laughing. It is my favorite thing in life, takes the edge off, and takes the sad away. I hope you've had some laughs from this post, too.


*Unless you are Peter Ellis, of St. Augustine, Florida. I haven't worked for you for six years and you can STILL kiss my ass.

16 comments:

Darth Weasel said...

I love the ps there...sums up life so perfectly in many ways

mac said...

I love that you brought out Mr Yuck. He has been absent for way too long!
I always loved his theme song, even if it did scare the shit out of a six year old mac.

As to number three of your dislikes:
Not all of us little guys are bullies. And, I'm just going through a dry spell, it will change ;-)

Other than that, great post!

Fireblossom said...

I have good news and bad news for Mac. The good news is, this girl loves him to bits. The bad news is, I'm queer. Sorryyyyy!!!!

Great list, Twin. Especially the 27-count "serving"!

Logical Libby said...

I remember when my friends and I all used to smoke. We would go to smoky bars and just revel in it.

Now, we are the women who give smokers dirty looks as we go into a building.

JLee said...

hahha..I like the asterisk. lol
Man, I hate those lane changer bastards too! Laughing is great...nothing better.

Riot Kitty said...

Darth: Thanks!
Mac and FB: LMAO!
L: I know! I can't believe I ever was a social smoker - now I'm allergic to it.
JL: Thanks for the tag - this was fun to post :)

Ileana said...

Peanut butter cups and thai food...now you're talking! :)

Love your lists! My list of 5 things I love is very similar too yours...eerily similar!

Riot Kitty said...

Ily: Consider yourself tagged ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

I love peanut butter cups too!! Not so keen on thai food though.

Great lists!

Maude Lynn said...

27? I want some of those!

Riot Kitty said...

Joey: Thanks!
MZ: They are incredible (and the ones I bought a couple of days ago are all gone now.)

Fragrant Liar said...

Heh, heh. Great list. Especially liked your idea of the Who's Fucking Who "phone book" magazine. But they have to promise NO PICS on the front cover. That way we don't have to be exposed to the second-hand fuckfest.

Green tea said...

Ditto on all of the above..I think we are soul mates :)

Green tea said...

Hmm have you tried a ritz cracker with peanut butter and a drop of chocolate syrup ?? :D

Riot Kitty said...

FL: "Secondhand fuckfest" is my new favorite expression!
GT: Great minds think alike...

Unknown said...

Thai huh? Personally, I could live off of hamburgers. Well... that is until they'd clog my arteries!

Now Sushi.. that's a healthy food I could rightly live off of!