Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's a major award!


Brownie points if you get that reference...

Thanks to Señorita for this award!

Here's the scoop:

1. Thank the person that gave it to me. (Done!)

2. Tell everyone 7 things about me that you probably don't know.

3. Nominate other people for the award.

So I can't remember who got tagged for this, and therefore I am tagging anyone who reads this and wants to participate.


Here goes:

1. When I was in high school, I got two completely random offers to be a back-up girl singer in a band. Both men who offered were way older than me and both of them said, "We're looking for girls who look like you." I said no fucking way.

2. I changed my last name in college and my middle name a year after that.

3. I used to eat steak with butter on it, chain smoke and binge drink. Somehow, I ended up allergic to cigarette smoke, a vegetarian, and a non-drinker.

4. I don't like plain chocolate. It has to be filled with something, mixed with something, or on top of something (e.g. a sundae.)

5. My exes include a retired police chief, a New York City Council candidate, and a press secretary for a Republican member of Congress.

6. Favorite quote ever, from my late friend Ward: "Relationships are difficult, with people. As opposed to plants."

7. I once worked with someone who lost his virginity in a Kentucky Fried Chicken. OK, that wasn't *exclusively* about me, but it made you laugh, didn't it? (And it's true!)

PS If you didn't figure out the reference for the title of this post, here's a hint:

14 comments:

Ileana said...

Ha! You did a fine one with this one, Chica! I love that quote (#6), but I don't know what "major award" means to you...not even with the hint. I want to get it but I don't. :(

Anonymous said...

I don't get the reference either. Nor do I understand the purpose of a woman's leg lamp. Mind you, I completely understand the woman's breast flashlight.


I might take the tag if I need something to blog about.

G. B. Miller said...

Considering I watch that movie all Christmas day, I should've gotten the reference but I didn't.

Eclectic amount of exes you got there.

Perhaps you should come back to the dark side again and hang ten with a Republican.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Oh wait.

You already do.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Hope your Gobbler day was a good 'un.

LL Cool Joe said...

Remind me not to eat KFC again. Oh I forgot, I never eat it, especially as I now know what the secret ingredient is.

I don't like plain chocolate either, but I do like to binge drink.

I was awarded the award already I just haven't had time to do it yet!

Congratulations!

Riot Kitty said...

L and WIGSF: A Christmas Story. Remember now?
G: It was! Funny enough, my friend asked, "Why would anyone WANT to be a Republican?" and I thought of you perhaps hearing that and just laughed and laughed...
Joey: They have KFC there? I'm a vegetarian so I'm Safe ;)

G. B. Miller said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that even though I'm 3,000 miles away, I can still give you a chuckle when you least expect it.

Lynn said...

I love that movie! Congrats on your award - I'll never look at KFC quite the same way again.

Sidhe said...

Love it (along with copious amounts of wine) but since I can't smoke anymore (Afghanistan induced asthma) and I heartily respect a vegetarian menu (ex-veggie, the only thing that brought me out of retirement was the ability to actually raise my own beefs and chickies).

I'm going to go change my name now, and bury memories of exes...

Inspiring!

The word verification "puthexem" reminds me of puritan and plymouth (or, perhaps, pudenda)...coincidence? I think not!

Riot Kitty said...

G: Yep ;)
L: So do I! And I have gotten many laughs just seeing a KFC logo since I heard that story...
S: LOL!

Full-On-Forward said...

A Christmas Story-- How about a "Breast" to go with that Leg Lamp, from KFC, and a Red Ryder BB Gun?! Great Great Post!!

John

Darth Weasel said...

okay, I won't go 7, but here is one thing you never knew about me that is related to the lamp.

Despite being a complete movie-a-phile, I had never...NEVER...seen the John Candy classic The Great outdoors until Thanksgiving.

And when he used the loaded lamp to shoot the bear...I laughed.


Perhaps the only time in the movie I did so...but I laughed.

Lamps as other things FTW

Riot Kitty said...

John: LOL! Thanks.
Darth: No way! I love that movie. WHAT DOES FTW mean?!

Maude Lynn said...

I don't know. Plants are kind of needy . . .

Senorita said...

Thanks for keeping this going !